There are several eating options on campus:
- Mensa (university restaurant) [menu week 1] [menu week 2], Mon-Fri 11:30-14:00
- Restaurant in building 25.31 (next to the ESSLLI rooms in 25.22) [menu week 1] [menu week 2], Mon-Fri 11:30-14:00
- Campus Vita (next to Mensa), Mon-Fri 11:30-14:15
- Cafeteria ExLibris, next to the library, Mon-Fri 8:00-17:00, Sat 10:00-17:00, Sun 10:00-15:00
- Cafeteria Med. Fakultät, 22.02, Mon-Fri 8:00-15:00
- Cafeteria Math.-Nat. Fakultät (ESSLLI site), Mon-Fri 8:00-15:00
- Cafe Bistro Uno (next to Mensa), Mon-Fri 8:00-15:00
Show map for ESSLLI 2013 in larger window
You will receive a MensaCard at the registration desk. It is useful for paying cashless in the restaurants on campus.
We have paid a deposit for the MensaCards. So please return your card as soon as you do not need it anymore, i.e. most probably on the last Friday afternoon of ESSLLI. Just hand it to somebody at the ESSLLI registration/info desk or to anybody else wearing an orange ESSLLI t-shirt.
Before returning the card to us, you can ask for a cash payout of remaining funds on your card at a pay desk in one of the cafeterias.
Your card currently holds 0€. There are two ways to charge it with cash money (at least 5€):
- At machines in the entrance area of the Mensa or the restaurant in 25.31. The machines do not take coins.
- Probably easier: At the pay desk when checking out your food/drinks by handing the money to the cashier. This is possible in all restaurants and cafeterias, except Campus Vita.
At certain pay desks in the Mensa you could also pay cash (look for the sign saying “Barzahlung”), but note that they charge an extra fee for doing that. However, in the cafeterias it does not make a difference whether you pay cash or with the card.
Types of cards
Students eat for reduced prices at the university restaurants. The MensaCard therefore comes in two types: gray font – student / blue font – staff. If you feel you got the wrong type of card, please contact the registration desk.
Deposit on mugs
In the cafeteria next to the ESSLLI site (25.22), you pay 1€ deposit on the coffee mugs. Return them to the cash desk to get your money back. There is no deposit on the mugs in the other cafeterias on campus.
The Mensa (large university restaurant) offers a wide selection of food. In the restaurant next to the ESSLLI site (25.22) the choice is smaller. Have a look at the menus above for more information. Campus Vita mostly offers pizza and pasta. The food is more expensive there than in the other two. The cafeterias sell small snacks. Enjoy!
Labels on the menu
R = contains beef
S = contains pork
A = contains alcohol
F = does not contain meat
V = vegan
1 = with preservatives
2 = with antioxidants
3 = with colorants
4 = with flavor enhancers
5 = with sulfur
6 = with phosphate
7 = blackened
8 = waxed
9 = with sweeteners
10 = contains a source of phenylalanine
11 = with acidifier
12 = with stabilizers
13 = with phosphoric acids
14 = with nitrite curing salt
15 = with milk protein
16 = has caffeine
17 = contains quinine